Try my new budgeting app Cheddar 🧀
Better than YNAB, Mint (RIP), or EveryDollar.
Export 4 ingredients for grocery delivery
1) Begin by beating with a whisk the yolks of 2 eggs, add a pinch of salt and fresh milled black pepper to taste.
2) Take a frying pan, add the sliced strips of guanciale or diced bacon. Cook for a couple of minutes until the fat has become transparent and slightly crisp then turn off the cooker.
3) Steps 1 and 2 can be done while the pasta is cooking so once ready first drain and then throw the spaghetti or rigatoni in the frying pan while they are still hot.
4) Take the beaten eggs with black pepper and pour them over the pasta. Mix the all with a wooden fork until the eggs mixture turns to a thin emulsion.
5) Add the Pecorino and/or Parmigiano Reggiano, or the one of your choice and give a last mix. Now it's ready to be plated and served immediately with an extra grate of cheese which it's up to taste.