Hi, I'm the developer of Recipe Cart extension 👋 Instead of buying me a coffee, check out the best coffee I've ever had (And it's instant!)
Export 12 ingredients for grocery delivery
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and slice mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince garlic.
• Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Wash out pan.
• Once water is boiling, add cavatappi to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• Melt 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for mushrooms over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, garlic, and Italian Seasoning; cook until fragrant and softened, 1 minute. • Add flour and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. • Whisk in milk and 1⁄3 cup pasta cooking water (½ cup for 4), breaking up any flour clumps. Simmer until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes.
• Stir cream cheese into pan with sauce until melted. • Stir in mushrooms, cavatappi, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce.
• Divide pasta between bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan and scallion greens. Serve.