Hi, I'm Parker 👋, developer of Recipe Cart.
Check out my other project- Vaia Vegan Proteins
Export 11 ingredients for grocery delivery
1. Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Prick the potatoes and wrap them in foil, then bake them in the oven for about 1½ hours, or until they are tender.
3. To make the topping: Pour the olive oil into a heavy-based saucepan and heat over a moderate heat. Add the onion and celery to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes until they start to soften. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, red pepper and salt, and mix well.
4. Finally, add the sugar, vinegar and star anise, and stir over a moderate heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, so that the mixture doesn’t stick to the base of the pan. Remove pan from heat.
5. To serve, cut the potatoes in half and spoon the warm topping over.