Get 15% off - Dogpound Hydration Supplements with discount code SMASHCITY.
Better than Liquid IV or Pedialyte.
Export 11 ingredients for grocery delivery
1. Place the apricots and 1 cup of the Grand Marnier in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat and set aside. (If you simply must, simmer the giblets in a small saucepan covered with water for 5 minutes. When cool, remove and finely dice, discarding the liquid.).
2. Melt ½ cup of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and saute for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In the same skillet, cook the sausage, crumbling it with a fork, until it's no longer pink. Remove from heat and add to the celery & onion mixture.
4. Add the stuffing mix, apricots with the liquid, the almonds (and the optional giblets.) Stir to combine.
5. Heat the remaining 1/2 cup butter and chicken stock just until the butter melts. Pour over the stuffing mixture and add the remaining 1/2 cup of Grand Marnier. Stir well to moisten the stuffing, adding the thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bake stuffing in a large buttered casserole at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
7. If you insist, you'll have enough to stuff a 21-24 pound bird with a small extra casserole on the side.