Hi, I'm Parker 👋, developer of Recipe Cart.
Check out my other project- Vaia Vegan Proteins
Export 5 ingredients for grocery delivery
Preparation 1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Place six 4-ounce ovenproof cups (you can use ramekins, or coffee cups marked as oven-safe) in a deep baking pan just large enough to hold them.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer over medium-low heat.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks, sugar, and vanilla.
5. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the simmering milk, whisking gently to combine.
6. Pour the mixture through a fine strainer into the cups (if the strainer clogs, use a spoon to scrape it clean), then sprinkle lightly with the nutmeg.
7. Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the cups.
8. Bake until the custard is just set (it can still be a little loose), 30 to 35 minutes.
9. Let the custard cool in the water bath for about 2 hours before serving.
Tip:Cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, and herring are the best source of omega-3s (Japan's seafood-rich diet has been linked to that nation's life expectancy, among the world's highest at 82.5 years). In addition, "consuming EFAs may help prevent disorders like ADHD in kids and Alzheimer's in adults," says nutritionist Keri Glassman, who has created a nutrition snack bar for kids that contains omega-3s from flaxseed.